Week in Review–March 17th, 2019
The Week in Review is a selection of each all of the goodness I’ve written all the way through the previous week across the web, in addition to a small pile of hyperlinks I discovered fascinating – in most cases staying power sports activities similar. I’ve ceaselessly puzzled what to do with all the coolness that folks write, and whilst I proportion a large number of it on Twitter and Facebook, it is a higher discussion board for sending it directly to y’all. Most occasions those other streams don’t overlap, so be looking out at most of these puts for excellent stuff!
So with that, let’s get into the motion!
DCRAINMAKER.COM Posts in the Past Week:
Here’s all of the goodness that ended up at the primary web page this previous week:
Sunday: Week in Review: March 10th, 2019
Monday: five Random Things I Did This Weekend
Tuesday: Fitbit Inspire HR Activity Tracker In-Depth Review
Wednesday: Garmin MARQ Series Hands-On: Everything you ever sought after to understand
Friday: Unboxing the YouTube 100,000 Subscriber Award
DC Rainmaker Podcast This Week:
Episode 2 of the revival podcast is up, at the display this week:
– 8kg Zwift weight dishonest in Zwift’s professional racing sequence
– Thoughts on the place the Fitbit Inspire sequence suits into issues
– And that MARQ worth – eeks!
– Will the IQ2 energy meter occur?
– And what’s up with the Tacx motorcycle whilst we’re at it?
– Plus lots extra in the sports activities tech realm!
Listen right here, or additionally now to be had right here:
A) iTunes: If you’ve were given an Apple tool, we’re there!
B) Google Play Store: Yup, we’re right here too!
C) Spotify: Of path we’re on Spotify now – you’ll even cache it to your wearable too!
D) RSS Feed: Following alongside the use of RSS feed
(Note: Final up to date identify TBD, looking for your enter evidently! The above imagery simply took me eight seconds to replace/proper…so…we went with it as a placeholder.)
YouTube Videos This Past Week:
Here’s what hit the tubes over at the You of Tube, for sure don’t disregard to subscribe there to get notified of movies the second one they hit!
Stuff that I discovered fascinating across the interwebs:
Here’s a not-so-small smattering of all of the random issues that I came upon whilst doing my civic responsibility to search out the top of the Internet.
1) Details of 400,000 player Apple Watch middle find out about effects launched: This is what’s so cool concerning the Apple Watch and the volumes they’ve were given – having the ability to spouse for research and arrange to get 419,093 members.
2) Decathlon opening date for subsequent month in US: Looking ahead to this one. I used to be offered to Decathlon whilst dwelling in Paris, and it’s an astounding retailer for sports activities offers (together with sports activities tech). Looking on the timing, it’s believable I’ll get to test it out all the way through my shuttle to Sea Otter. We’ll see if it really works out to take a street shuttle that weekend.
three) A whole information to 2019-2020 US Ski Passes: First off, I didn’t understand how loopy nuts price tag costs had turn out to be in the USA. On the turn aspect, I additionally didn’t understand how extensive achieving a few of these passes are actually. For instance, a few of them come with weeks price of time in the Alps, Japan, and past.
four) TrainerRoad discontinues tremendous previous KICKR firmware model reinforce: If you’re on a 1st gen KICKR and feature mainly by no means up to date your firmware on that KICKR, you may have some issues. Fear no longer, merely replace the firmware and also you’ll be excellent to move. Again – TrainerRoad is *no longer* discontinuing older KICKR reinforce, however reasonably one of the crucial preliminary long ago in the day KICKR connectivity strategies that has lengthy since been up to date.
five) SwitchLok expands crowdfunding marketing campaign, gives non-iPhone and diminished pricing: I wrote a hands-on put up about them again final month once they introduced their Kickstarter. However, the comments to the corporate used to be mainly that they wanted larger telephone compatibility and decrease costs – and so they have been ready to slip supply as much as an previous June time-frame. Since writing that put up, I’ve been discovering myself the use of the arm band telephone case attachment way over I’d anticipated. Though, I kinda want in the choices there used to be an athletes pack possibility (run band + motorcycle mount).
6) I’ll be talking on the FirstBeat HRV Summit once more in May: I did this final yr, and can be there once more this yr – in the development you’re in Helsinki and wish to geek out on all issues middle fee.
7) Oh, and I’ll be talking on the Garmin Connect IQ Summit once more too (mid-April): In the development you’re randomly in the Kansas house. This is their third birthday party developer convention they’ve been maintaining the previous couple of years.
Sports Technology Software/Firmware Updates This Week:
Each week I briefly spotlight one of the crucial new firmware, app, device and web site carrier updates that I see move out. If you’re a sports activities generation corporate and liberate an replace – shoot me a handy guide a rough notice (simply one-liners are easiest, or Tweet it at me is even higher) and I’ll make point out of it right here. If I don’t learn about it, I gained’t have the ability to put up about it. Sound excellent? Oh – and if you wish to get a head get started on issues, this web page is a smart useful resource for gazing Garmin and a couple of different firmware updates.
Garmin Edge 1030 Firmware Update: This provides in a pile of options which were in beta firmware standing for a short while now.
Garmin Fenix five Series: Adds reinforce for the CT10 golfing membership sensor.
Garmin Instinct Firmware Update: Fixes a GPS distance factor.
Hammerhead Karoo Firmware Update: While many of the new options listed below are catch-up ones, the facility to set sensor precedence by way of easy drag/drop is in fact tremendous cool and I’m no longer conscious about every other majors doing the similar. You can see it in opposition to the top of this tremendous fast video they publish. Neat stuff.
Thanks for studying all!