Top HV Moments of 2019
Team is core to the whole thing we do at Oiselle, and we’re significantly commemorated to paintings with some of the most efficient ladies in our game. Our Haute Volée jumpers, throwers and runners are repeatedly bringing their effort, honesty, and distinctive skills to the desk. As we head into the Olympic yr, we wish to rejoice all that our Haute Volée completed this yr. These are only some of my favourite HV moments of 2019…please name out your faves too!
1. Discus thrower Val Allman opened her season with a HUGE PR throw of 67.15m, surroundings the tone for an excellent rookie professional season. She briefly adopted that up with an Olympic Standard qualifying throw and went directly to (repeat) win USAs and position 7th on the World Championships. Val approach trade (the type with rings) in 2020!
2. It’s no secret that US steepling at the ladies’s aspect is a powerhouse. We’ve were given Emma, Courtney, and the Squigs at nine:10 or below, simply to begin!!! But as everyone knows, there aren’t any promises or reserved spots in Track and Field, which is why it used to be a BIG DEAL when Littlewinger Mel Lawrence snagged the Olympic Qualifying usual of nine:29.81 in Oslo this summer season. As Coach Lauren all the time says, “Put yourself in a position to succeed, so that if the window of opportunity opens you can jump through it.” [Mel’s weblog The Year of Mel supplies extra of her insights!]
three. Speaking of Littlewing, we have been delighted to welcome new teammate Sadi Henderson to our kickass Bend coaching team. Sadi simply completed her level at USF and is shifting full-time to Bend in early January. Sadi is not just a fierce 800m runner however a unique human with the guts of a lion and a team-first center of attention. This image under just about says all of it.
four. And, the opposite ferocious human in that photograph above, the only and most effective Rebecca Mehra, completely threw down in 2019. After gutting her manner into the 800m ultimate at USAs and PR-ing thru August, she snagged a podium spot on the fiveth Avenue Mile. I’m now not one to make predictions, however I can inform you something: don’t depend Rebecca out of any race.
five. Oiselle signed our first push-rim athlete! Jenna Fesemyer joined the Oiselle circle of relatives this summer season. Not most effective is she a prodigious racer with large vary (from the sprints to the marathon), she’s a devoted teammate who brings her A-game to cheering and Volée meet-ups. 2020 goes to be a unique yr for Jenna!
6. Marathon Frenzy! Nothing makes us fluff our feathers greater than teammates reaching their objectives. And this yr on my own we had SEVEN new Olympic Trials Qualifiers within the marathon: Carrie Mack, Siobhan O’Connor, Jen Bigham, Johanna Butler, Shari Eberhard, Jessa Victor, and Andrea Imhof. Atlanta, we’re coming for you! [21 O competitors so far and counting!]
7. It’s no secret how a lot we like Bras for Girls and the have an effect on this program has on women going thru puberty (>7,200 bras donated to this point!). This fall we had our greatest program ever on the GALS college in LA. HV Riley Cooks, Malaina Payton, and Sabrina Lopez joined us and helped create a unique reference to those center college women. Woman Up, certainly!
eight. Kara Goucher moved to trails and extremely, along with her vintage grit and transparency. And she additionally confirmed us what it approach to be courageous in phrase and deed. Kara’s in it for the lengthy sport.
nine. Raleigh Distance Project performed within the dust at Club Cross Nationals. There’s no higher group feeling than a post-XC race huddle! These ladies introduced their A-game, completing eightth as a group and embodying “progress not perfection.”
10. Elites: they’re similar to us! Well, infrequently. Big Birdcamp’s advert hoc beer mile (yep, that you must change seltzer) introduced out the aggressive fireplace in everybody. I don’t assume we will be able to ever fail to remember Kendra Chambers’ epic leg. And Big Birdcamp became out to be the very best group intro tournament for Angel Piccirillo – if shenans like this don’t scare you, you’re our kind of chook!
2020: those HV are coming for you!