The Best Posts and Podcasts in 10 Years of No Meat Athlete
It’s a unusual feeling to show the web page on 10 years and start the following decade, nevertheless it’s time — as of late is the ultimate day of what’s been an emotional week of celebrating.
To wrap up the week, I’ve compiled a listing of the easiest weblog posts and podcast episodes we’ve ever made — plus a glance again (that includes some cringe-worthy screenshots) on the evolution of NMA and the operating carrot.
Let’s get started with the images…
In the times when I got here up with the theory for No Meat Athlete, I requested my sister, Christine, to assist me get a hold of an emblem.
She began right here:
And sooner or later, were given right here:
Then tweaked it a bit:
And quickly, the well-known Microsoft Paint carrot was once born:
Finally, a couple of months later, the carrot as we all know him arrived:
And in 2015, we added a non-running carrot to the combo (phase of the fashionable brand we use that was once designed by way of Rainmaker Creative), with plans to sooner or later construct the web site round this new design:
But even if we began the usage of the fashionable carrot on pictures and shirts, the operating carrot caught round at the web site for a very long time, disappearing from the header handiest lately.
As for the web site? It began out on wordpress.com, like this:
(It didn’t happen to me to place pictures in weblog posts till somebody discussed the theory in a touch upon one of the early posts!)
After a couple of weeks, when I used to be satisfied the theory had legs, I forked over $85 and moved to a self-hosted web site:
(Which in reality regarded reasonably higher than it does right here; archive.org isn’t pulling the header symbol information anymore.)
Then, my first tradition header, accomplished by way of my good friend Ryan to my exacting requirements. Those are my legs operating. And the ones cow-spotted letters? I feel I used to be aiming for ironic, however 9 years later I see that I neglected.
Check out this short-lived, sort-of-3-D model of the operating carrot although — I forgot all about that man!
(This shot seems to be worse than it in reality did; the formatting of the weblog is tousled right here when archive.org pulls it. That sprouts image, although, I take the blame for that one.)
And in overdue 2010, I switched to a fully-custom design (accomplished by way of Charfish) that may ultimate for 8 years:
For the previous three years or so, the web site has regarded roughly like this:
Then in spite of everything, previous this 12 months, we introduced the present web site design (with a devoted homepage), all of which which was once accomplished by way of Rainmaker Creative, incorporating the trademarks, fonts, and emblem colours that they got here up for us a couple of years previous.
The Best Posts of the First Decade of No Meat Athlete
There are just about 1,000 revealed posts and pages on No Meat Athlete. While you may get started firstly and learn all of them… please, spare your self. There’s some gold in the early days (I in reality in point of fact just like the writing taste again then, when I used to be much less afraid of wordiness and unhealthy jokes), however if you happen to’re in point of fact dedicated to discovering it, no less than get started with this this best-of listing that I made after two years.
But for superb posts we’ve revealed in 10 years, I come up with this new, up to date listing. The largest hits of the primary decade of No Meat Athlete, grouped by way of vast class.
Running & Fitness
Mindset, Motivation, & Goals
The Best No Meat Athlete Radio Episodes
- Robert Cheeke on Staying Motivated, Changing Course, and Embracing Imperfection
- Sid Garza-Hillman on Meal Planning, Ultrarunning, and Why We Shouldn’t Take Showers
- Dr. McDougall and the Healthiest Diet at the Planet
- Matt’s Dad on Going Plant-Based at age 63 Has Drastically Improved His Health
- Summer Running Camp, Part 1: Building Consistency
- Summer Running Camp, Part 2: Running Form
- Summer Running Camp, Part three: How to Prevent Running Injuries
- The Best Resources for Running Motivation and Training
- Our Favorite Running Hacks
- The Guilt-Free Running Slump
- How to Go From Zero to 5K
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Protein, with Garth Davis, M.D.
- The Paleo vs Vegan Debate
- Staple Foods in the Vegan Athlete’s Pantry
- Nerd Fitness’ Steve Kamb on How to Level Up Your Life
- Leo Babauta on Habits, Simplicity, Running & Diet
- Vegan Pro Soccer Player Baggio Husidic
- 21 Weird Things We Do Now That We’re Vegan
- Weight Loss and Ideal Eating Habits with Ray Cronise
- Live to be 100 – Lessons from the Blue Zones
- Building Muscle and Losing Fat on a Vegan Diet with Marcella Torres and Derek Tresize
- Are We Improving Ourselves Too Much?
- Plant-Based Muscle with Robert Cheeke and Vanessa Espinoza
- Mindful Cooking, Flavors, and Keeping Food Simple with the Buddhist Chef
- Moderation: Sensible or Slippery Slope? with Pamela Fergusson, RD PhD
(We nonetheless put out a brand new episode each week; pass to iTunes to subscribe.)
Hope you’ll click on round slightly and to find one thing from the primary ten years that you just hadn’t noticed but.
And with that, right here’s to the following 10!