Sarah Cummings, Sub-Elite RunnerAli On The Run
“I knew issues had been going to resolve one day… But having a look again, I don’t know if I might’ve accomplished issues otherwise.” —Sarah Cummings
Few folks have a piece ethic like Sarah Cummings. Sarah, a 2:34 marathoner, lives in New York City the place she runs for the New York Athletic Club and is a two-time New York Road Runners Runner of the Year. Sarah works lengthy hours within the finance business along with operating 100-mile weeks — every so often come with 20-mile run commutes! On this episode, Sarah — who’s a former aggressive determine skater who graduated with most sensible honors from Princeton University — talks about getting back from a grueling hamstring damage to run an Olympic qualifying time on the California International Marathon.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali at the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your wi-fi headphone package deal!
What you’ll get in this episode:
- Sarah recaps her 2018 CIM efficiency (2:30)
- Sarah displays on her determine skating days and the way she discovered operating (7:00)
- Sarah talks about her courting together with her sister — and whether they’re aggressive at the run (14:30)
- What it used to be like being a aggressive runner in faculty (18:10)
- How Sarah runs 100-mile weeks whilst running a not easy profession in finance (22:10)
- If given the selection, would Sarah pass professional? (31:40)
- Sarah talks about her hamstring damage and getting thru a significant setback (35:25)
- What it’s like competing on the Olympic Trials as a sub-elite runner (48:50)
- Sarah’s best possible recommendation for coping with an damage (52:45)
What we point out in this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali at the Run Show! If you’re taking part in the display, please subscribe and depart a score and evaluate on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And should you favored this episode, percentage it with your folks!