Monitoring Arm Stress and Workload with Ben Hansen
Elite Baseball Development Podcast: Monitoring Arm Stress and Workload with Ben Hansen
Written on August 21, 2019 at five:15 am, by way of Eric Cressey
We’re excited to welcome Ben Hansen, the Vice President of Biomechanics and Innovation at Motus Global, to this week’s podcast. In lieu of a sponsor this week, we’ve simply were given a last reminder that this week is the ultimate likelihood to get the early chicken bargain in this yr’s fall seminar at CSP-MA. It takes position September 21-22; you’ll be able to be told extra HERE.
- What led Ben to pursue a profession in biomechanics and wearable generation
- How Motus Global strives to have an effect on the sport of baseball and how their style for growing wholesome fingers has shifted over time
- What peer reviewed analysis says in regards to the importance of joint torques and how we will have to interpret those metrics for predicting the chance of harm in baseball gamers
- What acute and power workloads are, and how managing those variables can permit coaches to stay their athletes wholesome and top appearing
- Why pitchers will have to have individualized throwing techniques to account for the varied variables that have an effect on a participant’s well being
- How in point of fact other catch play, flat floor, bullpen, pre-game, and in-game throws are, and how coaches can extra as it should be account for the tension they impose on pitchers all through a season
- How relaxation will have to be integrated right into a baseball gamers yr and why quick breaks all through a season of heavy throwing is also doing extra hurt than just right for throwers
- What ballplayers will have to imagine when deciding between proceeding to throw into the following season or shutting right down to relaxation
- What function mechanics performs within the well being of a throwing arm and how not unusual mechanical dispositions, just like the Tommy John Twist and the Inverted W, affect arm tension
- How fatigue is extra predictive of harm than mechanics
- Why development a sturdy paintings capability is extra necessary for staying wholesome than mastering mechanics
- How dependable the use of perceived effort is when developing and executing a throwing program
- Why execs wish to rewrite the go back to throwing program for not unusual accidents in baseball
- Where extra analysis is had to additional know the way to regulate baseball fingers
If you favor what you pay attention, we’d be overjoyed in case you’d imagine subscribing to the podcast and leaving us an iTunes assessment. You can accomplish that HERE.
And, we welcome your tips for long run visitors and questions. Just e-mail [email protected]
Thank you in your endured reinforce!
Sign-up Today for our FREE Baseball Newsletter and Receive Instant Access to a 47-minute Presentation from Eric Cressey on Individualizing the Management of Overhead Athletes!
!serve as(f,b,e,v,n,t,s)if(f.fbq)go back;n=f.fbq=serve as()n.callMethod?