Looking back on 2019 + my goals for 2020
Hi pals! I am hoping you’re playing the brand new decade up to now. What are you as much as nowadays? I’m going to get in an hands exercise on the gymnasium and get started blasting thru my editorial calendar for the brand new yr. I’ve my new planner in a position to move (primary nerd vibes as a result of new planners make me oddly excited) and am pumped to get content material concepts in combination. Thank you once more to these of you who took this yr’s weblog survey!
I assumed I’d proportion a bit of glance back on the previous yr and my goals for the impending yr. I’d love to listen to a couple of spotlight out of your 2019 and any goals you’re going after this yr!
Here are one of the primary highlights from 2019:
– The Pilot got here house after a 7-month deployment! He in an instant used to be employed by means of the airways, which I’ll proportion a little bit extra about beneath
– I attended my first Beautycounter convention (and we noticed Michael Buble that weekend! AMAAAAZING)
– Baby August used to be born! I like this little man such a lot.
– Went back to San Diego and Disney for a fall shuttle
– I grew to become 35 (AH)
– I took Liv to NYC for her first time! We noticed Frozen, Wicked, Aladdin, went ice skating at Bryant Park and ate the most productive pizza
– We celebrated our 2d yr of vacations back in Tucson partying with the fam, however the Pilot used to be out of the city
2019 ended up being a difficult yr for me. It used to be studded with extra stunning reminiscences than tricky, however I assumed/was hoping this yr used to be going to be a little bit of a “reset” and much-needed reprieve from the strain and tireless effort of the Pilot’s deployment. As it seems, it was every other cast yr of looking to stay my head above water. See, the Pilot spent the down time of his deployment refining his airline packages and getting ready for attainable interviews, so when he were given house, he in an instant were given his clinical stuff up to date and installed his apps whilst he completed isolating from the energetic responsibility army. While everybody would’ve liked a bit of bit extra of a spoil simply residing our standard lives right here, there used to be no telling how lengthy it might take to listen to back from a significant airline. As success with have it, the Pilot had interviews covered up (and used to be employed) in a while after settling back into Tucson. Of path, for him, that supposed touring for a months of coaching and leaping into the primary yr’s agenda with each toes. For me, that supposed a right away go back to being the full-time caretaker for the women whilst additionally working a trade from house. I completely love being with our young children and really feel so grateful that I’m the only right here and no longer away, however on the identical time, you at all times should be “on.” I additionally felt numerous force from financially supporting the fam and conserving issues afloat right through the primary yr. I understand it’s no longer at all times going to be like this, however for now, I simply understand it’s my time to hustle and I’m working with it.
As a long way because the airways cross, I do know I’m venting so much right here, however we do love the Pilot’s new process and his corporate, We couldn’t be extra grateful to have the safety of a perfect 2d profession, and we anticipated an intense first yr paying our dues, however it’s been difficult. I think extra used to him being long past than right here. Sometimes it’s very lonely, which is why I think so glad we’re close to the circle of relatives and likewise to hook up with all of you.
I’ll without a doubt be good enough if 2020 is a extra low-key yr than 2019. 😉 I’ve some goals set, however am looking to cut back one of the force I put on myself. I’m taking a look at those goals as ideas I’d like to paintings in opposition to, but when they don’t all occur this yr, that’s good enough. Mostly I used to be to emphasise developing time for the issues that make me really feel fulfilled, and spending time in combination as a circle of relatives of four every time imaginable. 🙂
Health and health:
– Continue to apply my gallbladder protocol so I’ve a just right ultrasound in February. This protocol is completely self-imposed and I haven’t written about it intimately as a result of I’m no longer a clinical skilled and I haven’t any clue if it’s if truth be told running. My subsequent ultrasound is in February and if the polyps have grown, they need to take out my gallbladder. I will’t cross into the ultrasound with out doing the entirety in my energy to have an important end result. Obviously numerous it’s out of my regulate, however I’m all about taking each and every step I most likely can. I truly, truly don’t need to have every other surgical procedure for a long time so I’m crossing my hands that I will stay my gallbladder.
– Stay in line with my present regimen. I think like I’ve hit a stride with my exercise regimen and love the combination of categories I’m recently taking. Each week, it’s a mixture of Orangetheory, Telos (CrossFit-ish), barre, scorching yoga, Peloton, out of doors hikes, and Les Mills On Demand exercises I’ll do at house. It’sfun to combine it up relying on what I’m subbing and the way I think that week. Nutrition-wise, I ended counting macros some time in the past (I think adore it used to be an excessive amount of for my gallbladder to devour once I wasn’t if truth be told hungry) and am simply looking to get in protein, produce, complete grains, wholesome fat, and plenty of water.
Make it throughout the first yr of airways (and I’m no longer even the individual flying the planes lol). Whooooaaaaaa we’re midway there. We’re without a doubt having a birthday celebration after we hit 2d yr!
Keep supporting our young children in anyway imaginable. I simply love them such a lot and wish them to grasp I’m at all times their recommend.
Really get started to determine the cheap and long-term plans. This is one thing we’re going to paintings on for the next yr, particularly since we have now some giant long-term monetary goals. I assume I’ll mud off my previous Excel talents and get a spreadsheet in combination.
Focus on issues that satisfy my soul:
– Audition for choir (once more). You guys know the choir audition I bombed? I’m going for it once more. If it doesn’t determine, there are a couple of different native choices to discover. I feel that making a song once more would make my center glad and a choir seems like a secure wager.
– Join a volunteer group. I at all times say I need to volunteer extra and finally end up feeling beaten with choices and don’t finally end up doing it as regularly as I’d like. We’re going to be becoming a member of a selected group that has necessities and I’m excited since the Pilot and I are going to do it in combination, and can be held responsible.
– Reading each and every night time prior to mattress. I revel in it such a lot and sleep higher once I learn for even 15-20 mins prior to crashing.
– Meditate someday each and every morning. I’ve been the use of the Calm app and find it irresistible! My guidelines for beginning a meditation observe are right here.
– Make time to hang around with pals and different . We’re at some extent in existence the place it may be difficult to get along side pals. I used to be doing a cooking membership right here in Tucson, however after a few months, nobody may make it as a result of everyone seems to be shuffling children to bop elegance and sports activities observe/video games. I’ve discovered that with younger kiddos and this sort of busy agenda, you gained’t hang around with pals in case you don’t make the time and urban plans. (Instead of “Let’s meet up this week!” it needs to be one thing like, “Do you want to grab breakfast at 10 on Friday?”) Since I do business from home and the Pilot is long past so much, I think a little bit extra sane and glad when I’ve time to catch up with pals.
Pick up some common health categories to show. I’ve been subbing categories at a few studios, however didn’t take any of my personal categories most commonly on account of childcare. I put it out to the universe (= Facebook) that I sought after to begin educating a few my personal categories within the new yr and used to be presented a HIIT elegance the place I’m subbing that can get started in February. I’m excited to be educating extra often once more!
Continue treatment. I began seeing an unbelievable therapist the morning my grandfather gave up the ghost. I had made the appointment over a month prematurely and figured I couldn’t cancel it, as a result of in case you ever vital a treatment appointment, that will be the day you must take one. So I went, and sat in her place of job and sobbed for 30 mins. She advised me that her place of job liked tears and I had to really really feel the entirety I used to be feeling, and because then, she’s wrapped me in such a lot kindness and compassion. She’s grow to be a particularly valued member of my tribe and despite the fact that I most effective see her each and every couple of weeks, it’s modified my existence. It’s helped such a lot with my anxiousness and my relationships, and in case you are on the fence about treatment within the New Year, do it. It’s so price it.
– Traveling is one in all my very favourite issues, so I’m hoping for extra in 2020! It provides us a possibility to completely be provide and revel in time with each and every different whilst exploring a brand new, or liked position. We have a cruise deliberate already (YEAHHH) and I’m additionally hoping we will be able to get started making plans our subsequent Italy shuttle.
– Finally to find time to center of attention on search engine optimization. It’s a marvel that my weblog has survived this lengthy bearing in mind that I do know not anything about search engine optimization. I’ve picked up a few guidelines over the last couple of years however I do not know what I’m doing. I’m going to take a path and likewise am taking a look to rent an search engine optimization professional to lend a hand me replace previous posts which can be appearing smartly.
– Hire a piece of writing assistant. I’ve a few wonderful crew contributors who lend a hand behind-the-scenes with Pinterest, modifying (no longer this submit since I’m writing it the night time prior to it is going reside so sorry for the typos…), and Beautycounter. I’m taking a look for any individual native who can lend a hand with filming/modifying and kitchen days so I will submit extra recipes within the new yr.
– Update the podcast extra constantly and center of attention on generating video content material extra constantly.
– Work on opening my personal studio. It could also be subsequent yr, it can be five years from now, however it’s an enormous objective of mine.
– Run extra on-line demanding situations throughout the weblog. HIIT Bootcamp used to be such a lot amusing (we’re going to do every other one in opposition to the tip of January!) and I’d like to create extra video packs with complete calendars to apply.
– Hit Senior Director with Beautycounter. Beautycounter has grow to be one of the crucial very best issues I’ve added to my trade, particularly as it’s given me the chance to hook up with some many fantastic pals and ladies, whilst developing an extra source of revenue move. I’d like to hit Senior Director this yr! You can learn extra about what it’s like being a Beautycounter guide right here.
– Finish my 2d e-book! I signed my 2d e-book deal in December and I’m so excited to get this one out into the arena! I’ll proportion extra main points when I will, however it’s geared extra in opposition to my newbie pals who’re simply getting began.
If you made it to the tip of this submit, right here’s a prime 5 as a result of this used to be an extended one!
Thank you such a lot for being right here with me on the loopy 2019 trip. Thank you for being right here and being so wonderful. I will’t lend a hand however really feel like I dropped the ball a little bit this yr (particularly on the podcast and posting up to I’d like) however I’ve a sense that 2020 goes to be a just right one. Honestly, if I am getting plenty of time with the fam, a just right document on the gallbladder entrance, and make numerous cheese forums, I’m calling it a win.
Cheers to the brand new yr! Tell me, pals: what goals do you have got set? Please proportion a private and professional objective with me within the feedback – I’d love to listen to them!